Whether this is your first Symposium or your 35th, you won’t want to miss Boston 2023, a celebration of 19th-century photography bringing together collectors, historians, scholars, and museum professionals from around the world. You’ll join other lovers of daguerreotypes and other early photographs gathering at the Museum of Fine Arts Boston on Thursday, September 28, with events scheduled through Saturday, September 30.
Here are some of the events that you'll enjoy when you participate:
- A luxe opening reception for attendees only, right at the Museum of Fine Arts
- Talks by expert speakers presenting important discoveries and new research, showing seldom-seen images and offering new insights into photography’s beginnings
- A photo fair with veteran dealers and newcomers offering more daguerreotypes and 19th-century photographs than can be seen anywhere. Buy, sell, trade, or just look and learn – it’s an opportunity that only comes along once a year.
- A grand banquet with a live auction featuring exceptional images
- Room-hopping to catch up with friends and see what’s on the market
- And behind-the-scenes tours of photography collections at museums and institutions
To learn more about the Symposium, click here.
To see the latest detailed agenda, click here.
To book your room at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel at a special group rate, click here.