Whether this is your first Symposium or your 36th, you won’t want to miss Houston 2024, a celebration of 19th-century photography bringing together collectors, historians, scholars, and museum professionals from around the world. You’ll join other lovers of daguerreotypes and other early photographs gathering at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston on Thursday, October 17, with events scheduled through Saturday, October 19.
Here are some of the events that you'll enjoy when you participate:
- A festive opening reception for attendees only, right at the Museum of Fine Arts
- Talks by expert speakers presenting important discoveries and new research, showing seldom-seen images and offering new insights into photography’s beginnings
- A photo fair with veteran dealers and newcomers offering more daguerreotypes and 19th-century photographs than can be seen anywhere. Buy, sell, trade, or just look and learn – it’s an opportunity that only comes along once a year.
- A grand banquet with a live auction featuring exceptional images
- Room-hopping to catch up with friends and see what’s on the market
- A special exhibition of contemporary daguerreotypes at the InterContinental Houston, where we will be staying
- And behind-the-scenes viewings of 19th-century photography collections at museums and institutions
To book your room at the InterContinental Houston at the special group rate of $165/night, click here.
Or call the hotel at 713-422-2779, select option 2 to be directed to reservations, and advise the agent you are with "The Daguerreian Society Conference".
Watch this space for more details!